Time for some reflections on my research. I've been looking at the data gathered so far and adding citations where previously missed. In order to look at missing fields and determine where I need further data I've been analysing one family at a time.
Here's some facts for those of you with the Horgan surname.
There are 97 people in my database who were born Horgan.
- earliest confirmed birth - 1828 Ballymacdonnell, Ireland
- most recent birth - 2004 South Australia
- males - 47
- females - 50
- most common male names - Thomas x 9, John x 9
- most common female names - Mary x 8, Catherine x 5
- marriages - 46 known marriages 22/47 males, 24/50 females
- religious orders - 2 males and 5 females joined religious orders
- birth places - Ireland 5, South Australia 89, Victoria 3
- living people - 32
- deceased - 65 most recent 2011
So now it's time to head back to the research to fill some holes in the data.